The University of Vienna is a cosmopolitan hub for more than 10,000 employees, of whom around 7,500 work in research and teaching. They want to do research and teach at a place that suits their ideas and work together towards answering the big questions of the future. You also appreciate the exchange between disciplines, cultures and generations? We are looking for a/an
University Assistant postdoctoral
40 Faculty of Historical and Cultural Studies
Job vacancy starting: 15.04.2024 | Working hours: 40,00 | Classification CBA: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc)
Limited contract until: 14.04.2030
Job ID: 1944
Explore and teach at the University of Vienna, where over 7,500 academic minds have found a unique blend of freedom and support. Join us if you’re driven by a passion for top-notch international research and scientific excellence. Ready to be part of our team? Welcome aboard!
Your personal sphere of play:
Your future position is at the Department of Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies, one of the most renowned research and teaching centres in the field.
The vacant position in Modern Greek Studies is to be filled for six years (non-tenure), with the earliest starting date being April 15, 2024. Scope of employment: 40 hours/week.
Your future tasks:
Active participation in research, teaching and administration, which means:
- You will build an independent research profile in the field of Modern Greek Studies with a focus on history or literature.
- You participate in research projects in the field of Modern Greek Studies.
- You publish internationally, give lectures and organize workshops.
- You apply for projects and raise third-party funding.
- You prepare and complete a publication-ready habilitation thesis.
- You teach independently (two courses per semester) within the scope of the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement, supervise your students and work on teaching projects.
- You take on administrative tasks in research and teaching.
This is part of your personality:
- Outstanding dissertation in Modern Greek Studies, completed within the last 8 years, with a specialization either in history or in literature.
- Research competence and initiative proven through international publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- International conference and lecturing activities.
- Experience in participating in research projects.
- Didactic skills and experience in university teaching.
- Excellent written and oral competence in Modern Greek and English is an absolute prerequisite. Very good written and oral competence in German and competence in a further language of South Eastern Europe is highly desirable.
- International experience and knowledge of university procedures and structures are desirable.
What we offer:
Work-life balance: Our employees enjoy flexible working hours.
Inspiring working atmosphere: You are a part of an international academic team in a healthy and fair working environment.
Good public transport connections: Your workplace in the center of beautiful Vienna is easily accessible by public transport.
Internal further training & Coaching: Opportunity to deepen your skills on an ongoing basis. There are over 600 courses to choose from – free of charge.
Fixed-term contract and fair salary: The basic salary of EUR 4,351.90 gross (14 times a year) for a period of 6 years increases if we can credit professional experience.
Equal opportunities for everyone: We look forward to diverse personalities in the team!
It is that easy to apply:
- With a letter of intent
- With your scholarly curriculum vitae
- With your list of publications
- With a list of courses and lecturing activities
- With a description of research interests and research agenda and in particular of the intended habilitation thesis project (max. 1-2 p.)
- Contact details of 2 persons for references
- Your PhD/Doctoral Degree
- Via our job portal/ Apply now – button
If you have any content questions, please contact:
Maria Stassinopoulou, firstname.lastname@example.org
Carola Korn – Administrator, email@example.com
More Information HERE
Κατηγορίες Προκηρύξεις θέσεων