Columbia Global Centers│Europe invites applications for its 2012–2014 postdoctoral fellowships, made available by a generous grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. These fellowships are open to Greek nationals with recent doctoral degrees from European universities, and will allow fellows to spend two years in residence at the CGC│Europe at Reid Hall in Paris. Niarchos Fellows will carry out their own research, liaise with other scholars with the support of CGC│Europe, and gain teaching experience at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Fellows will be encouraged to establish contacts with other research institutes across Europe, as well as with Paris-based institutions, and to draw on the resources of CGC│Europe to run workshops and seminars connected to their work. Fellows will have access to all of Columbia’s resources, local university and research connections, as well as to the wider network of Global Centers. They will be enabled to stay in New York for the fall semester of their second year at the main Morningside campus of Columbia University, where they will be supervised by faculty mentors as they pursue their own research.
- Applicants must have completed all Ph.D. degree requirements between September 2009 and September 2012.
- Applicants must be Greek nationals with a Ph.D. from a European university. (Note: Applicants with doctoral degrees from the U.S. or Canada are not eligible.)
- Ph.D. must have been focused on the humanities or social sciences. (Note: Applicants need not have worked on topics connected with modern Greece.)
- Fluency in English is essential. A demonstrable ability to teach is desirable, as is competency in French.
- Curriculum vitae
- Research proposal
- 2-3 page proposal for one undergraduate course to be offered at Columbia University
3 letters of reference (signed and sealed or directly sent via email to email@example.com)Please return completed applications to: Blinken European Institute
1205 IAB, MC 3337
420 W. 118th Street New York, NY 10027
For more information about this program, please contact Lily Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org.