Cyril P. Pavlikianov Dr.Sc. (Dr. Habilitatus), Ph.D., M.A. is born in Sofia in 1965. Ph.D. in Byzantine History (National University of Athens, 1997), he has been Assistant Professor of Modern Greek Philology (University of Sofia, 1998) and Associate Professor of Byzantine Literature (University of Sofia, 2001). Dr.Sc. (Dr. Habilitatus) in Mediaeval Balkan History (University of Sofia, 2004), since 2007 he is Professor of Byzantine Philology and Palaeography at the Faculty of Classical and Modern Philology of Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”. His major publications are:
- The Medieval Aristocracy on Mount Athos, Sofia 2001.
- Σλάβοι μοναχοὶ στὸ Ἅγιον Ὄρος ἀπὸ τὸν Ι’ ὣς τὸν ΙΖ’ αἰῶνα (Slav-Speaking Monks on Mount Athos from the 10th to the 17th Century), Thessalonica 2002.
- История на българския светогорски манастир Зограф от 980 до 1804 г. (History of the Bulgarian Athonite Monastery of Zographou from 980 to 1804), Sofia 2005.
- The Athonite Monastery of Vatopedi from 1480 to 1600 – the Philological Evidence of Twenty-Eight Unknown Post-Byzantine Documents from its Archive, Sofia 2006.
- Τὰ μοναστήρια τοῦ Στρυμόνα καὶ τῆς Ροδόπης (Monasteries Along the Strymon River and in the Rhodope Mountain), Mount Athos 2008, Athens 20102.
- The Athonite Monastery of Vatopedi from 1462 to 1707. The Archive Evidence, Sofia 2008.
- Ἡ Ἀθωνικὴ μονὴ Σιμωνόπετρα ἀπὸ τὸ 1800 ἕως καὶ τὸ 1830 – ὀγδόντα ἑπτὰ ἔγγραφα ἀπὸ τὸ νεώτερο μοναστηριακὸ ἀρχεῖο (The Athonite Monastery of Simonopetra from 1800 to 1830 – the Evidence of Eighty-Seven Documents from its Early Modern Archive), Ἠπειρωτικὰ Χρονικά 43 (2009), 357-492.
- The Early Years of the Bulgarian Athonite Monastery of Zographou (980-1279), Sofia 2011.