Job title: Lecturer
Field and specialization: Modern Greek language and literature
Expected salary/job rank: L2
Full-time position: 1,0 (40 hours per week)
- Average number of direct teaching hours 10–12 hours per week. Teaching in Czech.
- Teaching in the bachelor’s or master’s program of study, mainly the Modern Greek language courses, courses in reading Modern Greek texts and a basic survey course in Modern Greek literature. Innovating at least part of the teaching and applying the best standards in the didactics of the subject area. May engage in proofreading of seminar papers for specialist courses.
- May serve as a member of committees for state bachelor’s exams, committees for entrance exams, or for the language section of state master’s exams.
- May be a supervisor or an examiner for bachelor’s and master’s theses.
- Active participation in methodological conferences and workshops in the subject area or creation of study materials related to the field of Modern Greek studies.
- master’s degree
- experience in teaching Modern Greek language and literature
- knowledge of Modern Greek and Czech at C2 level
- knowledge of English at B2 level and above
Expected starting date: 1st January, 2023
Application deadline to: 29th October, 2023
Complete applications will include the following:
- Application form
- summary of work experience in the field
- summary of teaching and publication activities
- copies of completed education certificates.
Submitting the application:
- Submission by mail or in person:
The application with all its attachments can be sent by mail or delivered in person to the following address:
Zuzana Pálková, Human Resources Dept., FF UK, nám. Jana Palacha 1/2, 116 38 Praha, Czech Republic
- Submission by e-mail:
The application with all its attachments can be sent by e-mail to the address email@example.com
Based on the committee’s decision, either all applicants or selected applicants only will be invited to the second round of the competition, i.e. an interview.
Based on the submission of an application in the hiring procedure, the Faculty of Arts of Charles University will process the personal data of applicants in accordance with the relevant legal regulations and other regulations of Charles University. Information on the processing of personal data is available here: https://cuni.cz/UK-9056.html.